The Part 3 of ABS-CBN’s superlatives
ABS-CBN at night
Reigning the LONGEST in HIGHEST TV Ratings
- ABS-CBN reigns for 16 years straight in the TV ratings from their comeback in 1986 up to 2003.
ABS-CBN's Mara Clara
Aired the LONGEST Running Primetime Soap Opera
- “Mara Clara”, starred by the Queen of Philippine Soap Opera Ms. Judy Ann Santos and Gladys Reyes was the longest primetime soap opera in the history of the Philippine television in straight 5 years (from 1992 to 1997)
The Face of 60 Years of Soap Opera
Owns the HIGHEST Rated Soap Opera in the Philippine TV
- Also by the Philippines’ Soap Opera Queen Judy Ann Santos, “Esperanza” was the highest rated soap opera in the Philippine TV history, garnering 58% in Mega Manila and 63.5% in National Urban TAM ratings (NUTAM).
Has given the Philippine TV’s HIGHEST Jackpot Cash Prize for a Game Show
- Game KNB? drawn the highest jackpot prize in the history of Philippine TV with Php 5 Million.
Bought the Philippines’ FIRST Top-Rated Asianovela
- Starring the Taiwan’s No. 1 Boyband, F4, and Barbie Xu, “Meteor Garden” was the Philippines’ first Asianovela to be aired on the country. Like Mexicanovelas, Meteor Garden was also dubbed and garnered the highest rated Asianovela in the Philippine TV history, with 63.8% on the NUTAM.
Philippine TV’s TOP-RATED Mexicanovela
- Thalia’s “Rosalinda” was the highest rated Mexicanovela in the country with NUTAM ratings of 68.9% on its July 13, 2000 episode.
Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao
Broadcasted the HIGHEST EVER Philippine TV Show and TOP-RATED among Philippine Sports Broadcast.
- Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao’s match over the defeated Morales of Mexico entitled “Hataw Pacquiao, Laban ng Bayan” was the highest rated Philippine TV show ever in the history of the Philippine TV, with NUTAM ratings of 83.5% in 2006 and also the top-rated Philippine sports broadcast.
ABS-CBN Tower Entrance
Has the HIGHEST Multimedia Conglomerate Asset Base
- ABS-CBN has an asset base of Php 34 Billion or US 707.09 Million dollars as of March 2009.
ABS-CBN's roster of stars
Has the LARGEST Number of Employees in a Broadcasting Company
- The Philippines’ Largest Network has a number of employees with 7000+ as of 2008, the largest number of employees employed in a broadcasting company. Prior to this is being the home in some of the most powerful and bankable celebrities in the Philippines, as well as the most powerful executives in the Philippine Media and Entertainment
Pinoy Big Brother Season 1
Home of the Philippines’ FIRST Franchise of an International Reality Show
- Endemol, a Netherland-Based TV Network, brought the franchise of the first international reality show in the Philippines via ABS-CBN, “Pinoy Big Brother” launched in 2005 where unfamiliar people lived in Big Brother’s House for 100 days without any communication from the outside world.
Philippines’ FIRST Fantaserye (Fantasy Soap Opera)
- Claudine Barretto starred in the Philippines’ First fantaserye via ABS-CBN last 2004 entitled “Marina”, a story about a mermaid that wishes to have feet.
ABS-CBN's Basta't Kasama Kita
Philippines’ FIRST Action-serye and FIRST Live Ending of a Teleserye
- Also, ABS-CBN broadcasted the first action-serye in the Philippines in 2004 entitled “Basta’t Kasama Kita” of Judy Ann Santos and Robin Padilla. This action-serye also breaks the ground when it did the first live ending in the country’s TV history.
ABS-CBN's Kampanerang Kuba
FIRST Cinema Remake in a Teleserye
- ABS-CBN also ground broke the first cinema remake in a teleserye (also known as sineserye) in 2005 when a cinema hit of the present Batangas Governor Vilma Santos-Recto entitled “Kampanerang Kuba” was remade by young actress Anne Curtis with the use of modern and advanced prosthetics.
Maalaala Mo Kaya
LONGEST running drama anthology
- For over 18 years of being the number one drama anthology, Maalaala Mo Kaya touched every hearts of Fili[ipino people as the longest drama anthology in the history of Philippine TV.
Philippines’ FIRST Modern Musical Soap Opera
- ABS-CBN made the first modern musical soap opera, with the one and only Superstar Nora Aunor and Carol Banawa, entitled Bituin.
Philippine TV’s FIRST TV Show to be nominated in the International Emmy Awards
- The late-night newscast “Bandila” proudly to be nominated in the previous 2007 International Emmy Awards beating 800 entries worldwide in the News and Current Affairs Category, and known as the first Filipino program to be nominated in the said prestigious award.
ABS-CBN and Double Vision's Kahit Isang Saglit
FIRST Teleserye to be nominated in the International Emmy Awards
- With GMA Network’s tie-up for being nominated, ABS-CBN once again has nominated one teleserye in the International Emmy Awards in 2009. Kahit Isang Saglit, a joint-venture of Malaysia’s Double Vision, is nominated in the Best Drama category while Angel Locsin’s portrayal of her role in Lobo was nominated in the Best Actress category.
ABS-CBN's Pangako Sa'yo
FIRST Filipino Show to be Franchised Internationally
- The second highest rated teleserye in the Philippine TV history, “Pangako Sa’yo” starring Jericho Rosales, Kristine Hermosa, Eula Valdez and Jean Garcia, was the first Filipino TV show to be franchised abroad namely in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Kenya, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania, Namibia, Zambia, China, Botswana, Guam and the USA.
ABS-CBN's 50 years logo
Philippines’ FIRST Extensive Documentary Done About Philippine Television History
- When ABS-CBN turned 50 in 2003, the project was done for the first extensive documentary about Philippine TV History entitled “50 Taong Ligawan: The Pinoy TV History”
Filipino-American Visionary Awards
FIRST TV Station to Bring Home the Legend Media Pioneer Award
- In the First Filipino-American Visionary Awards held last month at the Kodak Theatre USA, ABS-CBN, the largest multimedia corporation, bagged the Legend Media Pioneer Award for encapsulating the brightest stars of the television and pioneering the multimedia broadcasting in the Philippines.
Ernie Baron: ABS-CBN's Weather Icon
First network to introduce 3D weather forecasting state-of-the-art facility
- With the extent of producing state-of-the-art weather forecasting, ABS-CBN done the first 3D weather forecast through the mother news program, TV Patrol, in 1996.
Asian TV Awards
First Philippine network to be recognized in Asian TV Awards
- ABS-CBN’s Maalaala Mo Kaya, bagging the Best Actor award from Roderick Paulate
ABS-CBN: Beyond Television
Philippines’ FIRST media corporation to offer beyond television existence
- Being the largest multimedia conglomerate, ABS-CBN has to offer beyond television existence of a broadcasting network, from recording, to film, to merchandising and publishing, regional and international broadcasting and in the future, to offer digital television services.
Takbo Para sa Kalikasan
FIRST network to simulate a run-for-a-cause program
- ABS-CBN’s Takbo Para sa Kalikasan in 2000 was the first run-for-a-cause program done by a TV network, in line with its network slogan, “In The Service of the Filipino”, with the help of ABS-CBN Foundation. Presently, Takbo Para Sa Kalikasan is under the management of ABS-CBN’s Bantay Kalikasan, with its new title “Takbo Para sa Ilog Pasig” for the rehabilitation of the Pasig River.